Needing Pulpit Supply?
Accordind to the book Preaching Towards Church Revitalization and Renewal more than 1500 pastors will leave the ministry permanently each month in America. It is also reported that over 50% of pastors are so discouraged that they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way of making a living, and only one in ten ministers will actually retire as a minister.
Needless to say, there is a lot of "burn-out" in the ministry. I have work with 5 different Baptist Associations in Missouri, and presently (as of 08/16/18) there are currently 17 churches in those association without pastors. Several other churches across the state are also encountering a pastor shortage. On top of that, many other pastors who are serving need a break, some down time to simply refresh.
While the good Lord has not matched me up to minister at an individual church, I have been blessed with the chance to help several churches over the past few months. If your Missouri Baptist Church is seeking:
* A pastor - Full time or bi-vocational
* General pulpit supply - to cover for a pastor needing time off, normally a week or a handful of weeks
* An Interim pastor - To cover a brief period while the church searches for a pastor, ideally 3-6 months
* A Transitional pastor - Help a church asses it's current strength and needs prior to starting a pastor search, and then covering while the church searches for a pastor, normally this can take 12-18 months)
* A Church revitalizer - Often called by a church that is in decline, in many ways like a transitional pastor on steroids, plan to commit to this process for 3 years
Please feel free to contact me.